Saturday, February 24, 2007

Biddy Ball Finale



Arissa, getting ready to start the Free Throw Competition



Getting ready to shoot. She only made 1 out of the 5 and
was very disappointed she didn't win the pizza party for
her team but we are very proud of her anyways.




Dribbling down the court during the final game of the
season.




How every good coach leads.....by eating a cheeseburger
during the game.





Steven during the coaches game. They played against the
middle school teams. Tied score 43-43.


What a crazy couple of weeks! I have been so busy that I haven't even thought of updating this blog. Things are getting ready to calm down though. Steven's season is over, Arissa's ended today and Isaiah has his last regular season game on Tuesday then goes into the tournament. We are off until May when Arissa starts cheerleading. She has decided that she doesn't want to play softball this year but that might change. Steven has joined an organization called Men of Tomorrow. It is a mentoring program for at risk boys. I think he will be really good at that! He spoke at an elementary school this week for Career Day. He enjoyed it. He said the kids were really funny and asked lots of questions.

We have all been sick. Arissa managed to get strep while on antibiotics for strep. Isaiah got a terrible cold that he couldn't shake and Steven was on the couch all last weekend. I was sick this week but I think I kicked it. I saw my headache chick on Thursday. We left everything the same for now. She doesn't think I have been on the meds long enough to tell if they are helping or not. I had the same number of migraines last month that I had before seeing her so I go back the beginning of April to see where we stand. I thought things were improving until this morning. I woke up at 6 with a killer headache and took my medicine and went back to bed. Woke up at 8 and took another. By noon I was no better. I seriously considered going to the ER it hurt that bad. I finally brought out the narcotics and took 2 Tylenol 3's. By 2 my headache was gone but boy was I loopy. I managed to take a shower and that helped some. I am much better tonight but still feeling some of the effects.

Work is still crazy. I am transitioning into a new position and trying to train my replacement. Some days I feel like I need 5 or 6 more of me. I try really hard not to let it stress me (especially since stress is a migraine trigger) but sometimes I just can't help it. My Lenten goal is to gain more patience. I must have been absent the day the Lord passed out patience because I have none and will be the first to admit it! Prayers are accepted to help me achieve this goal.

Pretty boring update, I know.....Maybe the narcotics aren't as worn off as I thought they were!

1 comment:

Aunt Carol said...

As I type this,I am experiencing a wonderful headache and debating whether I am going to church or not.I do feel your pain in the headache department...cut off our heads and life would be peachy. I am going to leave you with a final thought............."A word to the wise isn't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
Love you more than headaches!!! Carol