Friday, May 11, 2007

Better Late than Never....Right?

Yeah, yeah , yeah I know. I promised pics from Arissa's special day and here it is almost 2 weeks later and I am just now getting around to it. I have mono....cut me some slack!!


Her day was beautiful. We had perfect weather, lots of family and friends, tons of food, and lots of laughter. I was still unsure what to do with her hair even that morning. I had some ideas but wasn't too sure about any of them. I decided to get started early in case we had to do it several times. I got it taken down from the corn rows it had been in and looked at what I had to work with. The braids had left her naturally curly hair laying perfectly and I decided just to try and pull it back on the sides into a barrette. I was shocked at how good it looked and she begged to leave it that way. So we did. After putting her off for quite awhile I finally gave in and let her get dressed. I helped her but didn't really pay attention to how everything was coming together. I left her to put on her shoes and went to my room. I was doing something and heard a noise. I looked up to see the most stunning child ever. She looked just like an angel. I felt a lump in my throat but swallowed it down (I know Arissa and she would have started crying running the risk of tear stains marring the dress).
The ceremony was beautiful and everything was going smoothly. Until she came back from receiving communion. That is when I saw IT. IT being a decent sized black smudge on the front of her dress. Apparently, the teachers let the kids draw on the white boards in the classroom while they were waiting for mass to start. I have one question..WHAT WERE THEY THINKING LETTING LITTLE PEOPLE WEARING HEAD TO TOE WHITE USE BLACK MARKERS??? We tried water, soap, Tide To Go pen with no luck. All of the pictures taken after mass have the mark. To me it looks like a bulls eye but I am sure to others it isn't as obvious.


Okay, enough of my mouth.....On to the pics.....
Arissa before leaving for the church
Some of the Duncan's waiting for Arissa to pray
YUM! YUM!
The beautiful (and yummy) cake Sara made
Grandma, Grandpa, Me, Steven, Arissa, Isaiah and
Tom and Cathy Viotti (Arissa's godparents)
Acting goofy with one of the bows off her cake
Anne, Steven, Isaiah and Arissa
A HUGE thank you to my best friend, Sara. Not only did she make the cake but she came to the house and set everything up while we were at church. There is NO WAY I could have pulled this off without her. She also managed to clean the kitchen before I could stop her. She is truly a God send to our whole family.
We had 43 people here. Georgene came from Chattanooga and my best childhood friend (Heather) and her family came all the way from Winchester. It was like coming full circle with Heather being here. She was at MY First Communion all those years ago. We were so blessed to have so many people able to attend to share in the day.

No comments: