Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

In an effort to save our mother-in-laws the work of putting on the annual cook-out, Melissa and I took the reigns. Let me just say--it is alot of work! We kind of cheated by asking everyone to bring a meat and a side dish but we did the rest. There were 4 grills going all day that the men handled while Melissa and I took care of all the set up and clean up. We had about 50-75 people come over and everyone seemed to have a good time and get full bellies. Linda and Mary Ellen were able to sit and enjoy their families for a change. The City of Oak Ridge dropped the ball on getting the needed permits to shoot off the fireworks so the night ended with very little fan-fare. I didn't get any pictures (I was too busy being a host)! Melissa and I were quite proud of ourselves and everyone thanked us for our efforts. We have officially earned our keep in the family!!

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR OLDEST, YNDAISHA, WHO TURNED 14 ON THE 4TH!!

No comments: