Friday, August 10, 2007

Say It Isn't So!!

Summer is over already?? The kids start school Monday morning. Arissa was thrilled to find out she got the teacher she wanted and Steven and I were thrilled she didn't get the teacher we don't like. Their book bags are packed, pencils sharpened and they are ready to go. Arissa can't wait but I think Isaiah would rather summer lasted 365 days a year. He isn't as keen about school as Arissa is. I am curious to see how much I like staying at home all day without my kids. I have a feeling I am not going to like it very much. Of course there were days I wanted them to be at school already but for the most part we really enjoyed our time together.

They both had dental check-ups on Wednesday. Thankfully, they are both cavity free! It is time for Isaiah to go to an orthodontist so I need to call and get him an appointment. They both have about 3 loose teeth so it looks like the tooth fairy will be flying by our house often.

On Wednesday I was called up for jury duty. Thankfully they chose 12 people before they got to me. I don't have to report until August 28th. I am on the hook for jury duty until October 31st.

Actually, I don't have to report on August 28th because I am having surgery on August 29th. I am going in for a hysterectomy. He is going to leave my right ovary so I won't have to worry about hormone replacement. This surgery has been a long time coming and I am anxious to get it done. I am in constant pain and am really tired of it. My doc is keeping me stocked on Percocet until the surgery to give me some relief. The past 2 weeks things have gotten really bad. Thankfully my insurance agreed to the operation. I will be in the hospital 2-3 days depending on how everything goes.

Football season has started. We had our jamboree last weekend. The squad did really good. We have our first real game this weekend, in the middle of the day, during a heat wave. This should be interesting!

Thanks for checking in,
The Pained Pea

No comments: