Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Digital Christmas

Santa and the grandparents brought Isaiah and Arissa digital cameras this year. Actually, all 5 grand kids ended up with one. I have seen more flashes and rushed to look at the screen of more cameras than I can recall. Memory cards have been bought, traded, etc and now everyone is set to capture every moment for posterity. Unfortunately, when you give a child a camera you get pics of subject matter only valuable to the child taking the photo.
Exhibit 1:

There are 4 other pictures of the same variety. Different Webkin and outfit, though.
If the subject matter isn't an object than it is of a person who really doesn't want their picture taken but has to give in to the pleas of the child.
Exhibit 2:
Yeah, I'm sick and totally faking the smile.

Here are a few pictures taken after church on Christmas Eve. If I look completely put out and grouchy and unhappy and in pain it is because I was all of the above. I have strep and didn't get medicine until yesterday so I was feeling pretty bad. The mono causes enough problems but adding a sore throat and ears to the mix and I am a force to be reckoned with.

The Peas


Three Stratman girls all in a row


All the girls (If looks could kill, Arissa and I would be guilty
of murder).
Christmas morning dawned with Steven coming home from work then us opening presents. Sometime after everything was opened and the kids started playing, I fell asleep. I woke up in time to get ready and go to Mom and Dads to eat. Steven had fallen asleep also but I couldn't wake him up so he ended up sleeping through Christmas. He finally woke up about 5:30 and we went out to his Aunt Linda's to see his family. We stayed about an hour then came on home. Steven had to work Christmas night also so we played awhile then he left for work. I slept until well after noon yesterday and then headed to the doctors. Isaiah and Arissa had a few errands the just had to run and by the time we got everything done I was almost in tears. I was so tired and miserable! I fell asleep about 11:30 last night and woke up about 11 this morning. I took a nap from 330-630. I am starting to feel alittle better. My goal for tomorrow is to buy groceries. Someone is going to the store tomorrow, even if its Steven.

No comments: