Monday, January 28, 2008

Brighter Days

I woke up this morning feeling much better. Momma came out last night and snuggled with me on the couch. I needed my Momma and she knew that just from reading my blog. She didn't call...just showed up. That is saying something since we aren't exactly down the street. I slept in the bed last night...first time in several nights. So, I slept good and woke up feeling almost like a new person. I took Arissa to school and came back home and crashed for a few more hours. Steven woke me up to get ready to go to UT and I actually took a shower, washed my hair and brushed my teeth. What a difference being clean makes!

Steven and I went to UT for my arthrogram. I was very anxious about this test. Needles in my jaw joints just didn't sound like much fun so I was very nervous. Dr. McCoy joked and was really cool about the whole thing. He told me that it wouldn't be anywhere near the tonsil pain. He also said that if it was him, he would still be taking lots of pain medicine and he was surprised I was there for my test. He numbed me up really well and while I won't go into too many details, I'll just say it was an experience. He injected both sides with steroids after he was done taking his pictures. The numby medicine is starting to wear off and I'm sore; but nothing too horrible.

I am aiming to cook dinner tonight and go to work tomorrow.

My throat is a little better today so hopefully that means each day will be better. I long to eat!! I want a buffet of EVERYTHING as soon as I can swallow without pain.

Thanks for checking in and for hanging around...even when my entries are doom and gloom.

Love you all--
Anne

No comments: