Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thank you, God!

I woke up this morning and my throat didn't hurt! WOO-HOO!!

Let me back up a few days so you'll understand my happiness.

Monday was a good day as I previously wrote. Tuesday, not so much and Wednesday was even worse. I did go to work on Tuesday but as the day wore on I hurt more and more. Wednesday was more of the same. Tuesday night when I tried to eat a bowl of oatmeal and couldn't swallow it I decided that I was seeing Dr Sexton on Wednesday. That I didn't care if I was a baby, he thought I was nuts or anything else. I was in a lot of pain and MISERABLE! They were able to get me in yesterday at 215. I went to work until my appointment then headed over to Ft. Sanders. Low and behold, he looked in my throat and said everything looked just as it should and he couldn't see any reason why I was in so much pain and unable to swallow. I felt tears come to my eyes. I didn't want anything to be wrong, but a reason would have been terrific. He chalked it up to nerve damage and put me on another pack of steroids. I left his office feeling pretty crappy, emotionally and phyically.

We went on to church and all that last night. I took a shower and washed my hair and when I laid down at 1045 there wasn't a part of my body that didn't hurt. Arissa woke me up to take her to school and there was no pain. I swallowed and it didn't hurt! My jaws felt better, too!

So--I am at work now. I am waiting on someone to come by then I am heading out. I am exhausted and am going to listen to my body. I have to remember that I still have mono, am anemic, immuno-compromised, and still recovering from surgery so I can't go all gung-ho or I'll end up miserable again. This lesson I have learned the hard way many times over.

Since I am FINALLY able to eat I will be celebrating my birthday this weekend! Arissa is taking me to a movie on Saturday and we're doing lunch at Mom and Dad's on Sunday. The hard part is deciding what I want to eat. I WANT IT ALL!!!

Here's to more GOOD days-
Anne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AM GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER! I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY WEEKEND. MELISSA