Thursday, March 6, 2008

Making Progress...

I finally made it to PT yesterday. I was supposed to start 2 weeks ago but my little surgery detoured those plans. I was surprised with a phone call from my mom that said her boss, the owner of the clinic, would like to treat my jaw. She has been a PT longer than I've been alive and has tons of expertise in the jaw department. She met me at the clinic yesterday morning and spent over an hour evaluating me and giving me tips. Our goal is to correct what I am doing wrong so that I will have the best outcome from my surgery. Our ultimate goal is to avoid surgery all together but if it goes ahead the changes I make between now and then should benefit me nicely.

After that appointment I had to wheel off to see our favorite physician, Dr. Vick. As soon as he came in I gave him a very important message from my Daddy then moved on to the whole hormone issue. Things have actually calmed down with me since my last post so the discomfort had decreased but I still wanted to make sure we were making the right decisions. I was very concerned that estrogen feeds endometriosis (sp?) and taking estrogen was going to make it grow back faster. I learned it is the levels being inconsistent that flames the growth more than a constant level. Being that I am only 32 and nowhere near ready for menopause it was decided that the risk was worth the benefits. My incisions are healing nicely but are a bit puffy. The puffiness is due to overdoing it. I learned yesterday that this surgery wasn't nearly as simple as we had thought. He did a lot of internal work. The fact that he not only removed parts but that these parts had stuck and wrapped themselves around my bladder and bowels explains why I am still sore. He said it would be another 4-6 weeks before everything is healed and to take it easy for awhile longer.

After that appointment it was off to get the nails done, stop by the office and then home. Kathy had a schedule change so she did the church runs last night and I hung out here and rested. I didn't wake up today until after 11 so I am going to hang out here.

Take Care!

No comments: