Saturday, March 29, 2008

Reality Bites

I feel like I've been ran over my a truck and it is a real eye-opener just how weak I am.

Todd called Thursday night..their oldest, Maxx, is in Chicago with the choir and was having anxiety issues. Naturally, Todd & Sara needed to be with him. SO, I was asked to fill in for him at Career Day (on my feet, in heals, for 3 hours) then when I finished that I manned the store for 3 hours. I am running the store today from 10-7.

I walked for an hour both Wednesday and Thursday and had to cancel with my trainer last night cause of working at the store.

There isn't a part of my body that doesn't ache. I used to be able to work 40 hours, cook dinner, clean house, do laundry, and still go go go. Not anymore. I had hoped this wasn't my new normal...with every month that passes with no improvement I fear this is the way I will live the rest of my life...worn out and unable to function adequately in all aspects of my life.

I have a daily choice to make...which person/function/group needs me the most and the other activities get my leftover energy. These are decisions that 'old' people make..not a 32 year old.

These days, my reality bites.

No comments: