Friday, May 23, 2008

Being Me




Last weekend I was given the biggest compliment I think I've received in my adult life. I was told that I am a fun mom, that I have a great relationship with my kids, and that she hopes she is the kind of mom I am. 'She' is the now grown woman I babysat since she was 3 years old. She thought I was cool when I was her babysitter but she really didn't know any better...all she had to compare me to was her parents (who are never cool until you are grown) and her ultra-conservative Mormon church family. I felt certain that as she grew up and saw the world, she would figure out that I wasn't really all that cool. Turns out I'm cooler to her now that I was back then. Considering she knows ALL I have been through yet still aspires to be like me makes me proud to be me....something I haven't been in a long time.



Lots has happened since my last post....I'll fill ya'll in next time! It's all good so no worries!

No comments: