Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hard Day

I came home from work at 4 o'clock. I sat at my desk for hours before with tears in my eyes, gripping the sides of my chair, waiting for the waves of pain to pass. I decided that enough was enough when I couldn't see the numbers on the sheet I was working on. Somehow I made it home, white-knuckling the steering wheel the entire drive. I walked in the door, sat down my stuff, took off my shoes, and curled into a ball on the couch. I stayed that way for over an hour then finally fell off to sleep. I woke up with mascara tears streaked down my face and the pain had eased up. Steven offered to take me to the hospital a few minutes after I got home but I declined...I already know they can't help me. I have no idea why the pain eased nor do I know why it is increasing again as I type. I was so uncomfortable today. All I took in was 2 bites of dry cereal, a few sips of coffee and a tic tac. I made myself finish a nutrition drink once I got home but it took until after my nap to get it all down. Today was not good, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Steven took Isaiah and Arissa to the dentist today. Yesterday they both went to the orthodontist. Isaiah got his bracket and wire fixed from where I had tinkered on them with the wire pliers, kitchen scissors and nail file and Arissa was evaluated for the need for braces. Shockingly (only if you've never seen her), Arissa does require braces. She goes back next month for impressions then the following month we'll meet for the game plan then in January she should have them. He didn't mention the need to have any teeth pulled but she may require a small procedure to cut her lip free from her gum line. Isaiah has a month off. He still has his brackets but there isn't a wire running through them. His teeth have moved so much and so fast that his gums are swollen so they want to let them rest. Isaiah has a small cavity that will be filled next week and Arissa is cavity free and had her spacer taken out.

Thank you, Daddy. Your support of me means more than words can express. I knew what you did but seeing it in print made it real. I love you.

Trying to remember all I've been blessed with....
Anne

2 comments:

Marci said...

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain and there are no answers right now. I am praying God will lead you to the answers you need to make your life more enjoyable and comfortable.....Love, Marci

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could make this all go away! If I could take your pain from you I would. I love you. Mom