Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Skinny on Skinny Me...

After 2 hours in the doctors office then 2 more hours at the hospital today, we still don't have answers BUT we are in the process of looking in places not yet explored. Dr. Brown (ha, GI with the last name Brown...tacky joke, I know) renewed his vow to me to not stop until he ruled out everything under the sun. He also reminded me how complicated my case is and that he is no closer to knowing what is going on than he was when he first saw me in the hospital. I didn't expect to leave his office with a diagnosis today so I wasn't letdown. I was praying for a plan, and God answered. A plan we have and it involves 'collections' and the Mayo Clinic as well as some blood work and imaging. I have a few more visits to the hospital to make this weekend and Monday so I have to keep on my lovely hospital bracelet...should make for interesting discussions when in the presence of unknowing folks. At this point, I really don't care. If you know me enough to inquire about a hospital bracelet and don't at least *think* something is going on then you are blind as a damn bat.

I am tired, frustrated, uncomfortable, scared and ready to have my life back but I am not hopeless and that makes the rest of it a wee bit easier to handle.

And to answer the question everyone asks when I go to the doctor...today's weight was 119 before deductions for shoes and clothes...so almost 30 pounds in 3ish months.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I am sorry you are going through the unknowing..I will keep you in my prayers...Love, Marci fellow blogger and Prayer Bear