Monday, November 3, 2008

What's Up In Our World

Let's see what's going on with the Freeman's

  • Isaiah brought home an awesome report card (all A's and B's). With the exception of his Business class (an elective class...meaning he picked it which to me means he should elect to do the work). This class killed the whole report card with a D. This is the class that has brought our family lots of laughs. Part of this class is a virtual world. He has virtual parents, turned 16, got a virtual car (a 1993 Chrysler Town and Country. Maroon. Simulated wood paneling), had to buy virtual tires and maintenance, has a virtual car payment. Of course, to spend money you have to make money. He is now your virtual pizza maker at Domino's. Boy is crushed his pay is only $6.10 per hour. He quickly figured out his plans to 'pimp his ride' would have to be put on hold. He is trying to figure out how to meet his financial obligations and still afford gas in his virtual van. Welcome to the real world, kid. Elective or not, we don't tolerate poor grades and more importantly, poor effort and therefore Isaiah is only allowed to breath and eat for the next 10 days which could be extended depending on his compliance.
  • Arissa is still plugging along. Cheerleading came to an end last Saturday and officially closed this past Thursday with our banquet. Please remind me next year to keep my mouth SHUT and not volunteer for this gig again. Really, it wasn't that bad. Most of my frustrations were on Saturdays with the insane delays we had to deal with on game days and that was the fault of the 'powers that be' and not my girls or parents. Arissa is insisting on cheering again next year so it looks like I'll have to deal with the insanity for one more year but I'll be on the easier side of the bench.
  • Steven is the same. He compares his life to the movie "Groundhog Day".
  • Me in summary...very little change. Insurance denied my Botox; waiting on neuro to figure out what to do next. I had a migraine every day last week....something must be done. No change on the GI mystery. I've gained no weight but the pain has decreased so that is a blessing. I'm not sure if things are really any better or if I'm just used to feeling like shit all the time.
  • We hosted our annual Halloween Roast and Toast. The gang was all here with the exception of Joseph (too cool for us) and Kathy (too sick for human interaction). We had a good time with it being on a Friday night and no rush to get it done and in the bed for school the next morning. No one lost an eye or ate a cold weenie, and I think we lost very few marshmallows in a ball of fire.
  • Our washing machine is dead. It works...if you don't want your clothes to agitate and therefore get clean.
  • Isaiah and Arissa are still 'working out' with Steven. Whatever that means....I don't get into that whole ordeal.

I think that's got you caught up for now...

Stop reading and GO VOTE!!!

1 comment:

Aunt Carol said...

I think my fave part is you talkin about Isaiah and his virtual class. It is the bright spot and gives us something to laugh about.
Keep your faith........

Love you to the moon and stars and back again.