Thursday, November 6, 2008

When the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand

I have been waiting for a week to hear from my neuro about a plan for my treatment since my stupid insurance denied my claim for Botox. The nurse finally got a plan from him and called me today. The plan? Have a sleep study. Um, yeah. Been there, done that. The problem? The sleep people didn't send the results (normal) to the neuro. Now, my neuro is out of town until Tuesday which means I am still in a holding pattern. This really aggravates me since I have had a migraine EVERY DAY FOR TWO WEEKS. I have been able to function with them and today was the first time it was really bad but even still, I don't consider DAILY MIGRAINES a high quality of life. Yes, I am using CAPS LOCK excessively because I am that AGGRAVATED. I wonder if these people just DON'T GET IT. They claim to. They are very sympathetic and feel 'just terrible' for me but apparently not enough to GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND FIGURE SOMETHING OUT ALREADY. I know if I call and throw a fit the only reply I will get will be to go to the ER if the pain gets worse and I can't get it to subside....which only makes me feel worse with the way I am treated. Talk about a crappy situation to be in.

Do you ever wonder why things happen? Do you ever wonder why some live their whole life with no more than the occasional cold while others struggle daily just to live? Do you ever think that "God never gives us more than we can handle," but think that maybe he loses count and 'double dips' on some people?

1 comment:

The Burrow said...

I ABSOLUTELY HATE seeing you go through this pain and frustration. I have been in times of my life where I felt God was 'double dipping'. It has never been a physical thing but it has been emotional and mental. The cool thing is, He is with us every step of the way. Sometimes it doesn't feel that way but He is, I promise. The really cool thing is the amazing things He allows the pain and strife to bring us. It is amazing to watch His work and I can't wait to see the miracles He brings into your life Annie. I love you. Let me know if I can do anything to help...