Friday, January 16, 2009

Slow but Steady Wins the Race

I am improving every day but still not near back to normal. Monday, Steven took me to the office and hung with me for about an hour while I waded thru the disaster area that had become my desk and inbox. I was pretty worn out after that and came home and crashed for a bit. My nails were driving me crazy b/c they hadn't been done since before Christmas so Arissa and I headed to the Nail Bar for mani's and pedi's. (Arissa got a Nail Bar gift certificate for Christmas). Arissa chose neon green for her fingers and electric blue for our toes (I only let her pick my polish colors in the winter when no one sees my feet!). After that, we headed to Mom and Dad's so Mom could play nurse and snip the forgotten stitch in my left ear. No dice, she couldn't get it. After the activity of Monday I was whooped on Tuesday. I planned on laying low all day but Steven had to drive me out to the doctors office so they could get the stitch out. Wednesday dawned at 4am with a migraine. Thursday I went to the office for almost 4 hours! I got a lot done and was worn out! Today I hung on the couch all day. I plan on laying low this weekend and then heading to work next week. I am listening to my body and won't overdo it. I am still very weak and ran down probably due to the surgery's effect on my already weak body. I am doing the best I can to eat but am still losing weight.

The weather here is bitterly cold. The low last night here was 4 and I think it's supposed to be about the same tonight. I was worried about T-Bone freezing to death so we brought him in the garage for the night. He was very confused since he's never spent the night anywhere but his yard. Before I went to bed I told him that if I heard one peep out of him I was putting him back out in the cold. He was a good boy and not only didn't make noise but didn't tear up the garage. Well, except for the little incident of him peeing on Steven's golf bag.....

1136pm edit: Went out to hold 'The Bone' so Steven could pull the car out of the garage and lets just say it's a good thing I gave Bone an old comforter cause now there is white fluff everywhere. And why is it that he keeps trying to get IN my car? The dog has NEVER been in my car and NEVER will be. I'm extremely anal about my car and T-Bone riding shotgun ain't gonna happen. That dog, he just ain't right.

1 comment:

Aunt Carol said...

Please listen to your body. I know you have gotten better at this. Like you told me, God has a plan for us. I know it is sooooo hard to trust that......
I love you more than frozen pipes.