Saturday, January 3, 2009

Surgery 10; Update 3

Yesterday ended on a better note, with the pain minimal and the stomach issues easier to bear. I got bored so I played Mancala, Guess Who and Battleship with the kids. I slept okay until 4am when I woke up in the middle of a major allergy attack. Sneezing and snotting like a mad woman did not help my jaws. I slept too late, going 12 hours with no pain medicine and am feeling pretty sore now. I'm sipping on coffee and waiting for the drugs to do their thing.


Newest revelation---my right eye doesn't work. It doesn't raise. It doesn't furrow. It blinks and droops. Nothing else. It's like I only paid for half of a Botox treatment. Prayers that the damage is only temporary and I go back to full eye function soon are requested. It's not only annoying but looks pretty crappy.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hi there, I found you through Twitter.. what kind of surgery did you have? Arthroplasty? I have had many TMJ surgeries myself, so I completely understand what you are going through. Have you checked out The TMJ Association? I run the forum where you can talk with other patients - check it out.. I'd love to hear your story and I'm sure others would too. http://forum.tmj.org
My name is Stacy, feel free to contact me if you have any questions or just want to vent! My contact info is available on the forum or you can DM me on Twitter :)