Monday, January 5, 2009

Surgery 10; Update 4

So the whole numbness thing turns out to be cooler than I thought it was. I thought it was annoying before. You know, to feel but not to feel. Now that it's wearing off and the pain has hit I wish I could go back to the annoying. Annoying is always better than painful. I was up until 2 last night so miserable I had tears in my eyes. Steven woke up and did what every good husband does....offered to make coffee. Cause apparently coffee has some anti-pain effect. Which turned out to be true. If nothing else, having something warm to sip on calmed me down enough that I relaxed and made it until I could take a pill then I drifted off to sleep. And proceeded to sleep like shit. Dreaming that I couldn't breathe; trying to scream for help but my voice not working; that I got a really good deal on infant formula but couldn't get Carol to text me back if she wanted me to buy it or not. I told you..weird dreams. My scalp hurts. Not my head, my scalp. It hurts to touch my head. Or my ears. Or my face.

Carol and Jerry brought Hunter over yesterday to see me. I got some serious coos and smiles. I squeezed him tight, fed him a bottle and changed his underwears. Arissa styled Carol's hair and Isaiah and Jerry had it out with Ms Pacman/Frogger. It was a little while after that the pain started. Maybe Hunter shouldn't have left...

I am trying to watch the millionth hour of 'Secret Life' so I'm up to speed for the season premiere tonight while listening to Steven and Arissa finish the leaf work in the yard. Isaiah had to head back to school today. Arissa goes back tomorrow.

I see my GI tomorrow afternoon and my oral surgeon Wednesday morning. I'm off to be miserable.....

2 comments:

Marci said...

Praying you feel much better soon,,,,Take care...love, Marci

Aunt Carol said...

Thanks for the shout out in your post. We enjoyed coming over and think about you often.
Love and Hunter snuggles,
Carol