Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Spoke Too Soon

I jinxed myself with my last post. I should have known better.

Most of last week I had a headache of some degree every day. Thursday it was at its worst and my chest was hurting. I was just so miserable. I told Steven that if I was fat and old, I'd think I was having a heart attack. I woke up Friday morning and felt better. But as the day wore on, things went downhill again. The pattern repeated Saturday and Sunday. I forged on, trying to ignore everything and didn't mention how bad my chest was hurting. Finally Sunday I mentioned to Mom about my chest. She kept telling me I should get checked out. Eventually I agreed and she took me to the ER. Having chest pains on Easter Sunday gets you a pass to the front of the line and very quick service. They ran some tests and concluded that my heart appeared to be okay but they wanted to keep me overnight to make sure. In true Anne fashion, one night turned into 3 nights and I was discharged yesterday. I had a stress test, CT, MRI, and an EGD (? I think that's what they've called it...a scope/biopsy down my throat). The consensus seems to be 'status migraine' (a migraine that can't be stopped) and I have a bacterial infection in my esophagus that caused the chest pain. I am waiting on my doctors to figure out what antibiotic I can take to get rid of the infection since I am allergic to the ones they typically use.

I made the colossal mistake of trying to go back to work today and didn't last but a few hours. I was shaky, sweaty, my head was exploding and I was extremely nauseous. I made it home, medicated and slept for a few hours. Woke up much better. Still yucky but not as miserable. I think I'll take it easy tomorrow and this weekend and try again Monday.

Speaking of this weekend....ARISSA TURNS 10!!! I'll be sure to post pictures. And as soon as Mom uploads and emails Easter pics, I'll share those too.

Thanks for checking in....

No comments: