Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Busy Time in the Pod

Things around here are pretty busy. The school year is winding down and with that comes several field trips, meetings, class schedules for next year to be decided, football practices, and end of the year projects. Add to that several upcoming weddings and the beginning of hurricane season (loads of overtime for Steven) and we are spinning our wheels!

I am pretty much back to normal (as normal as I get) and am back to work full time and as of last night, back at the gym several nights a week. Things at work have taken a slightly different direction and I will now be in charge of all day-to-day operations, including managing the staff and overseeing project management. I am excited about this change yet apprehensive. Maintaining my health (and therefore my daily presence in the office) is even more important now and I am prayerful that things with me will continue on an upward trend. I do know that I have another scope and biopsy coming up that will leave me down for a few days. My surgeons office called today and said they have it scheduled for next week. I have to call them in the morning to see exactly when but I will more than likely have to put it off to the following week. Next week is packed and I can't imagine fitting in a surgery in the middle of everything.

On that note, next week brings a field trip each for the kids and Arissa leaves early Friday morning for the long anticipated DC trip! Tomorrow is her last day of dance. Isaiah has football practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He bought a house yesterday (in his virtual world). He has a big trip coming up himself......He is going to Houston June 13-20 with church. It's a mission trip/summer camp trip. This will be the longest and farthest he's ever been from me. He is so excited and I'm excited for him. Although, I know I'll be a crying mess when he leaves. School is out for both kids June 4. We'll have 2 middle schoolers in the house....one at the top of the pack and one on the bottom of the totem pole. I can't even fathom that after next year, Isaiah will be in high school....

This past weekend I was asked not once, but twice if the kids are twins. Poor Isaiah! He already has size issues and his little face just dropped when he heard the inquiries. We keep telling him that he WILL grow but it's just not happening fast enough for him. The more I see him around his peers, the more obvious the difference is. He has a great attitude about it around others and has learned the ever important lesson of "laughing at yourself before others have a chance to" and it has served him well.

The storms from the past several weeks were certainly difficult for those that depend on good weather for their paycheck but they provided a much needed "Freeman Family Stimulus Payment" to our family with Steven working 20 hours of overtime. Amazing how what can devastate one family can save the day for another. God provides....

Please keep Steven and I in your prayers. We are dealing with some pretty heavy situations over here. We have some tough decisions to make for our family and while I'm not comfortable going into details here, God knows what's up.

Thanks for checking in and I'll let y'all know what I find out about the biopsy schedule.

No comments: