Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Here We Go...

So I said I'd let you know when my biopsy would be. It was June 2nd. I've already seen the surgeon, been told I have several active ulcers in my stomach and began another round of medicine. He feels confident this round will kill the bacteria and allow my stomach to heal. Ulcers eat holes in your stomach. It doesn't take a medical professional to know that situation is in no way, shape, form or fashion a good one.

Arissa went to DC and has returned. She loved every minute of it. She saw all the sights and brought home some of Obama's grass (that she pulled from his yard by sticking her hands through the fence). She liked Arlington and the changing of the guard the best. Their homecoming was quite the sight to see. Police helicopters circling overhead. Several cops cars with lights and sirens leading them in. Entrance ramps to the interstate closed so all the buses were sure to arrive at the same time. It gave me chill bumps knowing my girl was part of that!

Isaiah is off to Houston. Arissa and I dropped him off at 4am Saturday morning. Since the week is about serving and learning, cell phones aren't permitted. I haven't talked to him. To be honest, I'm trying really hard not to think about him. If I think about him then I worry. Is he eating enough? Scared? Lonely? Brushing his teeth? Changing his underwear? But worrying won't change anything. He is 18 hours away and there is nothing I can do from here. So I wait and count the days until he comes home.

Steven and I are doing well. We waited and trusted about the situation I spoke of previously and everything worked out just fine. God is good!

I now have a Chrysler Town & Country minivan. I never thought I'd have a van but I LOVE it. Arissa is super excited about it. Isaiah will be thrilled when he gets home (we got it Saturday after he'd already left).

I have lots of pictures to share and I'll do that in separate posts.

I'll try not to take so long to update next time!

No comments: