Thursday, October 29, 2009

Post Op Update Day 8 (with photo)

Today has not been a good day. I saw my surgeon this morning for a follow up appointment and to have the stitches removed. It was not pleasant. It wasn't the worse thing I've ever been through but I could feel it. And I think the apprehension of feeling her working in my ear was just as bad as the actual removal. He is giving me a month off and then I'll see him again and we'll decide then about PT. He said he removed the whole eminence and shaved down the muscle. He does not expect it to regrow although I've proved him wrong before.


Since having the stitches removed my incision has been very inflamed (I'm not sure if that's the correct word to describe it...it hurts, itches, stings, feels raw..."inflamed" is easier to say so I'm going with it). I looked at it when I got home and was rather shocked at how it looks. It doesn't even look like it's together. He said there are internal stitches that will dissolve so I assume that is why it looks like it does. I think it looks pretty bad. And it's much longer than my last surgery.
You can't see the back (and therefore can't get an idea of what I am failing to describe in words)in the photo but here I am after getting home from the appointment:
So basically, I've hit that miserable, cry-baby, irritable, can't be pleased part of the recovery process. And Steven is on vacation for the next 2 weeks! He'll be so excited to spend time with jolly me!!

No comments: