Saturday, October 10, 2009

Weddings and Surgerys

First off: Super excited to tell everyone that Carol (my oldest sister) is gettin' hitched!!! We've already procured her gown, mine and Kathy's gowns, floral designs, cake design, and centerpieces are settled. Now we just need a venue and a menu. So basically my event planner hat didn't even have a chance to cool off since Mom & Dad's bash. Which is fine with me...I really like planning these things (especially for people I love).

My surgery date is set for October 21st. He told me he is probably going to remove my entire eminence on that side. He won't know for sure until he gets in there. I will, once again, have to do several months of physical therapy to avoid scar tissue and maximize my range of motion. He told me my incision will be bigger. And he threatened to shave the whole side of my head (I whined that I just got the shaved hair to grow out from his last surgery. He said he likes giving haircuts). Temporary nerve paralysis is pretty much a given since I had it last time. I am not at all nervous/scared about the operation. I am, however, nervous/scared about what happens AFTER I wake up. I've actually teared up a few times thinking about it. Which is so unlike me. I treated myself to 3 new set of jammies (yeah for the clearance rack at JCPenny's!). Although I doubt cute jammies will make me feel better...it's worth a shot though.

Isaiah's football season is over. He got in for a whopping 5-6 plays the entire season, worked his butt off, never complained, was a great support to his teammates but in the end, he was done. He was still very upset to lose the final game that ended their season. I couldn't be more proud of how he stuck with it, kept his grades up, and didn't quit.

Arissa still has 3 or 4 more games left in her season of cheerleading. She is back to dance twice a week, plus cheerleading twice a week with games on Saturdays. She keeps us pretty busy.

Steven is still working super crazy hours. He has been working back to back double shifts, going in on his day off, going in early, and flip-flopping hours. His poor body doesn't know when to sleep and he is really struggling with getting enough rest. I have tried to take all of the house duties off of him, as well as running the kids back and forth. It's the least I can do for a man that works himself crazy to provide for us.

No comments: