Friday, May 14, 2010

Don't Blink

I have found myself with varying degrees of tears in my eyes this past week. It really started Sunday. I was soaking in the hot tub before church (part of my mothers day relaxation) all by myself. Just thinking. And a phrase ran through my mind.

Happy Mudders Day wif your flowders.

As I thought back I could so clearly see Isaiah. He was about 3. Big blue eyes, head full of curls. With a handful of weeds he had so carefully picked for me. He was so tender and sweet. And so very proud.

I sat and remembered with big hot tears rolling down my cheeks. Where did the time go?

Today I met Carol to get Hunter for a sleepover. I opened her van door and there sat a boy. Not a baby. In just a few days Hunter grew into a real life boy. I stood and stared. And was speechless. I felt the tears coming. Luckily, Hunter did one of his new tricks for me and instead of crying I laughed. He's not a baby anymore but a very active, often opinionated, gets down and dirty BOY.

Even as I type this hours later, tears are rolling down my cheeks. Where did the time go?

"Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster then you think
So Don't blink"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And why do you suppose I am the way I am, huh?
Mom