Friday, December 28, 2012

Sick

Yup.  I'm sick.  It started Wednesday and I managed to keep it at bay for a few days but last night the icks overcame my fight.  I was at the doc at 9am this morning and was diagnosed with a sinus infection and an ear infection.  Won a steroid shot in my butt, oral steroids and antibiotics.  The steroids have already started to help the brick stuck my nose and pounding headache...hoping that the dawn brings a much happier Anne.

I have been really healthy lately.  Like really healthy.  Aside from my migraines and the occasional bulging disk pain in my neck I've been doing great.  When I do get sick, I get this icky feeling in the back of my head.  I'm always afraid this is the beginning of the sick Anne road we traveled for so many years.  I hate missing work.  I hate being in the bed.  I hate everything about being sick.  I thrive on normal.  I require routine to feel grounded.  When I'm sick all of that has to be pushed to the side so I can recover and I absolutely hate it.  I'm not going to wax on about how it could be worse...I know it could.  But, I'm not going to discount how I feel.  Scared is how I feel.  Scared of the road that may lay ahead.  I will pray this is simply a bump in the road and if it isn't?  We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments: