Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dancing Queen

I took a hiatus from dance.  Time and money needed to go to other places so I've been out for several months.  Tonight classes resumed from Christmas break and I was there.  I'm back to tap & lyrical.  I was scared about how much I'd missed since being gone but luckily they hadn't started the dances for recital so I was no worse off than anyone else.

I am super super excited for the tap routine.  I love the song.  I love my moment with my Sara.  The costumes sound fun.  Now if I can get my feet to do what they are supposed to do.

I am less excited about the lyrical routine.  I think because a) I don't know the song and b) I haven't seen the costume.  I have zero clue what it looks like and if you know me, you know that what I am going to look like in an outfit is super high on my priority list.  I'm one of those people that if I don't feel like I look good in something then I don't feel good.  No matter who says what; my opinion never changes.

One thing that is different from last year....I will NOT stress out over it.  I will have fun.  I will do my best.  I will fight like hell not to compare myself to others.  I will be the best Anne I can be on that stage.  Something I learned from last year....just showing up is accomplishment enough.  Honestly, a few short years ago I wasn't sure I'd still be around.  And to be dancing?  My how far I've come.

I will tap my heart out.
I will let go and let the music move me through the lyrical routine.
I will dance.
I will have fun.
I will LIVE!

No comments: